- 4 large Portobello Mushrooms, wiped and stalks removed
- 2 large vine ripened tomatoes, diced
- 125g ball mozzarella, grated
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Knob butter
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 tbsp snipped chives
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Put the mushrooms in a small ovenproof dish, smear them with the butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the diced tomatoes around the outer rim of the mushrooms.
- Bake for 10-15 mins until the mushrooms are almost tender.
- Take them out of the oven and crack an egg inside the rim of tomatoes on each mushroom.
- Cover with the grated Oaxaca cheese and sprinkle with a tbsp of breadcrumbs each, and return to the oven for 8-10 minutes until the egg is just set and the cheese and breadcrumbs toasted nicely.
Serves 2 greedy or 4 lighter appetites for brunch!