Spiced courgette and pea fritters
A great little gluten free, vegetarian dish – perfect for a tasty lunch with salad or as a starter to a spicy meal.
- 2 large courgettes
- 150gr frozen peas
- 140gr yellow pea flour
- 1 egg
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- Handful fresh coriander
- 1 tsp toasted cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Grate the courgettes into a colander over a bowl or the sink and add a good pinch of salt. Leave for 10 minutes then squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Cook the peas briefly, then drain.
- Mix together all the remaining ingredients, with the courgettes and the peas to make a stiff batter.
- Wipe a non stick frying pan with your oil of choice, and heat.
- Take spoonfuls of the mix, press them into the pan to flatten slightly and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Keep warm in the oven whilst you finish the batch.