We always have loads of eggs because we have chickens, so fairly frequently I throw together some kind of frittata or tortilla using up whatever vegetables and cheese I have in the fridge. This is one I make fairly often and also as a tart when catering. I hope you enjoy it .
Courgette and Goat’s Cheese Frittata
- 1 large onion
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 courgettes
- 100gr frozen peas
- 125gr small soft goats cheese
- 25gr parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 free range eggs
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 60ml double cream
- Handful of fresh basil and chives
- Salt and Pepper
- Dice onions and potatoes into small cubes and slice courgettes.
- Add a good slug of olive oil to a frying pan and add the onions and potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook over a gentle heat on the hob until beginning to soften.
- Stir in the courgettes and peas and keep cooking until all the vegetables are translucent and nearly cooked.
- Tip the contents onto a stone or baking tin that has been oiled, or line withbaking parchment..
- Whisk 6 eggs with cream and some seasoning. Add grated parmesan.
Pour over veg.
- Dot pieces of goats cheese and basil leaves and snipped chives all over surface.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, at 180c, until lightly golden.
- Allow to stand and cool slightly before cutting and serving. Serve with a salad.