I made these the other day at Sanctus Homeless Cafe in Chelmsford where I volunteer on a Tuesday. We had old browning bananas and a large bag of donated prunes. What to do? Well, muffins of course… which we served with custard as a pudding. Try them – they were delicious!
- 240gr Self Raising flour
- 100gr Butter, softened
- 165gr Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Brown bananas, mashed
- 170gr Pitted prunes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Grease a non stick muffin tin thoroughly with butter – or use muffin papers (we didn’t have any!)
- With an electric mixer (or by hand) beat together the flour, butter and sugar. Then add the eggs.
- Add the mashed bananas and prunes, to make a thick batter.
- Pour into the prepared muffin tin, and bake until a skewer comes out clean – about 20-25 mins.
Note: we do everything a bit by eye and feel at Sanctus, dependent on what ingredients and equipment we’ve got so timings and temperatures may not be precise. Just watch them, and take them out when they’re ready! Or turn your oven down if they’re browning too much – you get the picture?